This Thursday (March 11) from 12:30-2 PM PM, mLive will be hosting an online event is intended for current industry leaders and business owners, as well as those wishing to be thought leaders in the cannabis trade:
The forum will be hosted on Zoom by Eric Hultgren, MLive director of social media and content, and Gus Burns, a statewide political reporter who focused on cannabis coverage since last year. The pair hosted a similar forum in October 2020.
The panel will lead off with Andrew Brisbo, director of Michigan’s Marijuana Regulatory Agency. Business and political leaders will present their perspectives and insights, and they will be available for questions for networking after the panels. These people are:
- Matt Abbo, a partner and co-founder of DA Advisory Group
- Chris Jackson, a former political candidate in Pontiac and partner with the Sticky cannabis brand
- Ryan Lafferty, Chief Operations Officer at Kush Development Group
- James E. Tate Jr., a Detroit City Council member since 2009
- Jamie Cooper, founder and managing director of Sensi Connects, a networking organization focused on the cannabis industry
- Javier Hasse, a reporter on cannabis, hemp, CBD and pyschedelics for the Spanish language news site El Planteo. He also serves as managing director for Benzinga Cannabis.
- John Darwin, president of Unity Rd., a cannabis dispensary franchise
Sponsors for the event include DA Advisory Group, Unity Rd., Michigan Cannabis Lawyers, Hyman, Sensi Connects, the Michigan Cannabis Industry Association and Sparrow Consulting.
The series of panel discussions will cover accessibility and equity in the cannabis market, how to pitch your business to investors, securing assets and challenges associated with accounting, banking and payment.
There will also be 30 minutes for networking after the panels.